A new job and a new country
We’ve got you covered, step by step.
We know the Netherlands through and through!!
Let’s face it: switching jobs can be a big deal. Throw in a move to a new country to switch jobs, maybe in a new role or with a new employer, and it’s an even bigger deal that can fill your head with questions.
That’s where NLrelocation comes in. Read more about us.
We offer all the services that you and your staff who are coming to, or leaving, the Netherlands will need in order to answer those questions. And we can tailor those services to meet your relocation requirements and theirs.
We know the Netherlands inside out: the whys and the wherefores, the ins and outs, the do’s and don’ts—and a few tips and tricks besides. That’s why we’re so effective at helping your staff to settle in, orient themselves, and get through their moving to-do list in short order.
No to-do list? No problem! We take a structured and well-ordered approach that helps your staff get to know the ropes quickly so they can be on their own two feet in no time.
Even before your new staff member leaves their home country, we can get to work making sure everything druing their relocation will go like clockwork.
Whether your staff members will be coming from within the European Union or outside, both you and they will want to make sure everything goes smoothly, with no nasty surprises.
NLrelocation will be with you for as long as it takes, from the first plans to move to the Netherlands through to any relocation back to home. Feel free to contact us!
The full package or “a la carte”
Here is a selection of the specific relocation services we offer. From these, we can craft an offering that is just right for you, your staff members, and their family.
- customised analysis, so we can start understanding the current situation and determining your needs
- budget guidelines, so we can tell you which services will fit the budget.
- pre-arrival check list
- timely preparation and legalisation of documents such as birth and marriage certificates, and diplomas
- visa applications
- applications for work and residence permits
- permit renewals
For straightforward cases, we keep things simple. But should your current or future staff member run into a thicket of red tape, we can bring our considerable experience to bear to help make sure that it’s all plain sailing.
You don’t want the stress and expense of extricating your staff member from reams of red tape. You do want a predictable process that yields results in a timely fashion.
NLrelocation can help make that happen.
There are a thousand and one other details to sort through, from selecting an Internet and cable provider, to choosing a utility company.
Here are the kinds of service we can offer:
- an assessment of your staff member’s needs, based on discussions with you and them, that also takes in such relevant factors as budget, lifestyle, proximity to work and to schools
- getting in touch with real-estate agents
- drawing up and maintaining a list of places
- accompanying the staff member to viewings
- helping the staff member make an offer and negotiate the numbers
- checking draft lease contract or mortgage documents
- doing the first walk-through with the staff member
- presenting a range of options for all utilities, and for Internet, phone, and cable
- handling applications for all utilities, and for Internet, phone, and cable
- if needed, presenting options for renting furniture
- making all arrangements for rental and delivery of furniture
If only that were all there was to it. But there are a slew of banks out there, and not all were created equal. And what about finding a family doctor who has the kind of bedside manner that works for your staff member and their family?
These nitty-gritty decisions can mean a slew of further minor headaches, to say nothing of how much of your staff members’ time they can eat up.
What you do want is a staff member who shows up in the Netherlands ready to hit the ground running.
By offering support where it’s needed throughout these processes, we help make that happen.
Here are some of the things we can help with:
- registration with the local municipality
- advice and support in choosing a bank
- help with opening a bank account
- finding a family doctor and dentist
- If needed, offering advice and support in choosing other healthcare options
- advice and support in choosing insurance options: life, property, liability, and so on
And that’s just the start of it. What about those placement tests? Which schools will offer the best support for switching between systems and integrating into the new academic and cultural environment? And what about after-school care?
For families with young children, choosing the right crèche, and securing a place in it for the little one, can be a further challenge.
Making all these choices, and making the choices work, can be a bit overwhelming but it doesn’t have to be. Far from it: we can help your staff members with school-age children to exploring the most suitable options. And again, that exploration begins well before the family leaves their home country.
Here are just some of the ways we can help with:
- making initial inquiries about applicable fees, placement tests, and the availability or otherwise of places
- accompanying the staff member and their family on school visits
- in cases where the employer subsidises tuition, finding out what the staff member’s responsibilities are
- offering support with the application process
- for families with little ones, offering advice and support in choosing the right crèche and submitting the application
- exploring options for after-school care, and offering support with the application
NLrelocation has a boatload of experience that can help ensure your staff member’s moving experience is hassle-free, even downright pleasant.
Here are some of the services we can offer:
- assessing the staff member’s needs
- offering advice and support in the choice of an international mover
- soliciting and comparing bids, and negotiating pricing
- handling all the administrative to-do’s of the move
For a car that’s to be imported European Union, it’s important to find that knows the ins and outs of making sure the car passes inspections for road-worthiness, adherence to emissions standards, and so on. then there’s the matter of getting Dutch license plates, and having the car registered.
More hurdles to clear and NLrelocation has the experience and the know-how to clear them.
Here are some of the services on our menu:
- exploring all of the options, including pricing and logistical arrangements, for importing a car to the Netherlands
- offering advice and administrative support for registering a new or imported vehicle
- exploring the best options for car insurance
- helping see to it that everything is in order when it comes to drivers’ licenses
- obtaining a parking permit
Here are some of the services we can offer:
- arranging for cultural training, so staff members can acclimate themselves quickly
- selecting and applying for language courses
- offering assistance to spouses
- on request and as applicable, helping spouses secure meaningful employment
Services for staff leaving the Netherlands
Our services here include:
- help with ending the lease (and securing the return of the deposit!)
- as applicable, support in selling, or renting out, any property purchased
- closing all utilities as well as internet, cable, and phone accounts
- de-registering with the municipality and, if applicable, the immigration service
- if needed, support for exporting cars
What other people say about NLrelocation
“. . . . . Moving to a country that we have never been before was scary and also exciting. NLrelocation was a one stop centre to ease our relocation stress free. Sandra was very professional, helpful and everything was tailored and personalised for our needs . . . . “
Venoo & Rueban , Expats
FMC Separation Systems B.V.Arnhem
“ ….. I have conducted recruitment feedback interviews with some of the new employees. Feedback for you was positive across the board … Even though Sandra had many other clients I always felt that she knew our story and where we were up to in the process”
C. Desborough, Recruiter
The British School in the Netherlands
…. …..It is not only I who is very satisfied with NLrelocation’s personal and professional involvement, but the expats in question are also very impressed with their personal approach and attention…. ….”
A. Keuter, HR Operations Supervisor
Svitzer Salvage B.V.
We relocated employees of:
British School in the Netherlands,
Brooks Sports, Crocs Europe,
Erasmus University Rotterdam, Energyst,
FMC, Merck, NLO, NOC*NSF,
Rijk Zwaan, Svitzer Salvage,
The Phone House, . . . .
NLrelocation is situated in Rotterdam and founded in 2007. Over the years we have built up a network of highly qualified local relocation consultants who have the know-how your staff members need. This makes us very flexible, so we can support companies large and small, no matter the budget or relocation requirements, anywhere in the Netherlands.
We know the Netherlands, with all its, quirks, inside out. And you can always count on us for that personal touch.
Please do get in touch to find out more about our company. We would love to hear from you!
Feel free to call us or to send a message
Phone +31 10 714 23 24